Sunday, June 8, 2008

My Noro Scarves

My sister died, unexpectedly, last year on the day before Thanksgiving. One of the first (coherent) things I did, after the initial blow, was to buy 2 beautiful skeins of Noro Silk Garden. All I knew was that I needed color-therapy. It was very therapeutic to focus on the gorgeous color scheme that developed on my needles.

The pattern was a free one that I found on the web, it looks like a whale tail. I placed the scarf down to take photos of my process, but I have another fiber-phile in the house who wanted to be included in the picture.


The scarf below is also knitted with Noro Silk Garden. The pattern is from one of the Stitch 'n Bitch books. Callie Jo thought it was an adequate background to showcase her beauty. (I agree with her).


No comments: