Friday, June 6, 2008

3-Day Weekend!

I took today off because I've been suffering with nasty back-aches and migraines this week. Between school and work I sit a lot on my bum (where else would I sit?) and all this sitting contributes to my chronic migraines.

So this morning I got up at 7:30 a.m. and did stuff around the house to prepare for a weekend of "post-spring" cleaning (woo-hoo...). THEN at 2:00 p.m. I had me a deep-tissue massage, ahhhhhhh....

It was a good massage, given to me by the teensiest masseuse I've ever had. I mean, this wee girl was barely 5 feet tall and barely 95 pounds. Her technique was good, but I have tension and I needed more pressure, so I requested it. Her response felt like, "You want more??" She wasn't rude, but I got the feeling she was already putting everything she had into it...so I felt somewhat guilty. She proceeded (with the increased pressure) and eventually started to huff and puff with the exertion. I felt even more guilty.

I learned today that guilt makes me tense up...not good for the back. So I considered eliminating guilt altogether from my life...but then I would become a sociopath and if I became a sociopath I would probably hurt people's feelings and just thinking about that makes me feel bad...

No comments: