Sunday, November 30, 2008

Completed Knits

Even though I live in sunny Sunnyvale, California, my hands get icy-cold in the winter. The thermostat at work and home stays low, so I knit myself a variety of fingerless mitts. Here are my most recent:

Symmetrical Braided Gauntlets by Rachel Calado
Knit with Cascade Cash Vero. Niiiiiiice!

Irish Hiking Wristwarmers
Knit with Patons Shetland Chunky

Knitty's Dashing I originally made the Dashing for my husband, but he said he's never wear them. That's cool, that's cool. They have a home with "moi".

This is my officially favorite hat. It's a slouchy version of Knitty's Foliage, but I like this one better than my previous one (see past blog entries) because I knit the brim longer--I like this feature. My only regret is that I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease. No disrespect for those who have lots of acrylic-love, it's just that whenever I wear the hat, I literally can hear the "squeak" of the acrylic! Seriously! Why are petroleum derivatives talking to me??


A cabled mini-scarf with golden-copper buttons. The yarn is Malabrigo chunky. *Sigh*. Love this yarn!
My first shawl: Lala's Simple Shawl
Knit with Moda Dea Cache. This yarn made for an interesting texture.


No comments: